Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Boring Life?


I really worry about this topic quite often. I mean, have I become "boring"? Sure, part of it is financial, but when did dinner out and movies get replaced with baked chicken and Netflix? When did the highlight of my day, aside from time with Ara and Evie, become a trip to the gym?

I think it all comes back to growing up and a change in priorities. I don't worry so much about what people think. I don't stress about the roof over my head. I don't even really care about having just one car. It's just material stuff and that is always changing. I think the reason I'm boring is that I know what's important now.

Having time to chat with the wife or play dinosaurs with Evie is what's important. Sure, I am really looking forward to the MercyMe concert this weekend, but that's a bonus. I'm looking just as forward to leaving work tonight for a quick workout and then home, for dinner and Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment