Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Out Of Focus

I have to admit it has been a blast using the Samsung Focus S the last few days. The larger display, the faster processor and larger storage space make the move back to the Radar a tough one, even if it turns out to be a short term move. But for now, financials rule over "bonus" features, but one more missed/dropped/coverage problem and I may just switch carriers for good.

Here's the issue... I am on the T-Mobile $30 (100 min, unlimited text, unlimited data) plan. Overages on minutes set me back a dime. I usually used anywhere from 50-150 minutes a month, 1500 texts and 1.5-2GB of data. The plan is great, and cheap! The problem is that I am now comparing it to the amazing Red Pocket Mobile service that I test drove last month and it doesn't measure up.

I can definitely get by with it, but having to think twice about calling someone or worrying about if the phone will ring if someone calls me has me stressed at times. But for now, the $360 a year trumps the better coverage and consistent data speeds. For now...

No comments:

Post a Comment