Sunday, March 10, 2013

Dear Mom,

Today you left us to join Jesus in heaven. I'm not angry. I'm not distraught. I'm not even really sad. I knew in my heart that you were doomed to a life of maintaining a body that had worn out. It lived its earthly life to the fullest for as long as it could. You had completed the race.

You leave behind a beautiful legacy of bringing a husband to Christ. Three boys that learned how to be men from the examples you showed. Six grandchildren who loved their Nana and Grammers very much and ultimately a world of people that felt better for knowing you.

From people that hadn't thought about you in 25 years to people that saw you yesterday, you lived and loved so much. The fact that you were able to love so many people is simply amazing.

I hope that we can raise Evalyn up to be a beautiful mix of her Grammers and GiGi. For both of you were so loving, strong and independent people. You'd always ignore your own needs over the needs of others. You simply lived and loved, and that is how I will always remember you. You were my teacher, my friend, my spiritual tutor and most of all my mother.

As well as I'm dealing with this right now, knowing you're safe and warm I heaven, sitting with GiGi and Jesus watching over our little one, I know I'm going to try and send that text to you in a week or two and never get a response. I guess we just have to take this one day at a time, and eventually it won't hurt.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 810
Powered by www.4GFastData.com
$49 Unlimited Talk, Text and Data

No comments:

Post a Comment