Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Coop Takes Form

Today we managed to get over half the walls for the chicken coop up and ready to wire. It went rather smoothly overall and except for the incredibly rocky soil, the work wasn't terrible.

We made a base area of 15' x 8' with a height of 6'. There are 4x4 posts anchoring the structure and 1x6's making up the 'framing' for the wire. We ran short of the 1x6 boards, so a hardware store trip is in the works for the ride out tomorrow.

After we pick up the final pieces of lumber tomorrow, we should be able to finish this up quickly and get the chickens into their new home. Hopefully, it will happen before we leave for Disneyland this week.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 900 powered by GetSmartphones.Info

No comments:

Post a Comment