Friday, June 15, 2012

The Next Goal... To Tri...

Any one that knows me probably has an idea that last year I completed the Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic in rather easy fashion. Sure it was a long two day adventure, but I made both days in about 7+ hours of saddle time. I was going to try and start training to complete the 2012 STP in one day, but between finances and training time, the plans were dashed by February when the ride sold out. I have spent thr last few months trying to find a new "goal" for my training, but kept coming up empty. Today, however, I found something that is a complete challenge, and a winner.

Tomorrow is a fun day in Monroe. The 2012 TriMonroe happens at Lake Tye park. It has a few different classes available and it looked like a bit of fun, if that's the right word for it. The first "open" class is a pretty simple setup, and it is one that I think I am going to run next year...

There are three stages to the Monroe Tri open class race. The 3.5 mile run would be the most difficult for me. I haven't run more than a half mile in 5 years. The 1000 yard swim shouldn't be too much of an issue, although I've never done a competitive swimming event. We'll just have to see if I can swim or not. The last section, and probably my strongest, is a 13.2 mile bike ride around Lake Tye. Its the same route that I trained all last summer on and can ride in about 35 minutes.

I usually do better with fitness when I have a serious goal to shoot for, and this seems like a pretty good one. I'm not sure if I can or can't do this, but for right now, the TriMonroe is the big goal for the summer of 2013!

Sent from my Windows Phone from GetSmartphones.Info

No comments:

Post a Comment