Friday, June 22, 2012

Just Fell In Love With My Thrive All Over Again...

I've been looking for a new laptop solution for a few months now and frankly haven't found many options. Until last night.. I was strolling through Target last night grabbing a few last minute gifts for Jozy's birthday on Saturday when I saw it... There it was, in a locked case, on CLEARANCE! The Acer Netbook that I'd been watching on Amazon was on CLEARANCE! Not just a decent price mind you, but almost 40% off the Amazon/Retail price!

I started thinking and trying to justify it in my head. As a matter of fact, I was contemplating going down and grabbing it while Ara and Evie napped. Then a funny thing happend. I started to think about why my Toshiba Thrive didn't fill my needs, and except for photo editing, it does. The next step was what might my new "netbook" do that my Thrive doesn't? Well, first off, typing blogs on this thing is a pain in the butt. Then working with Word or Excel is a pain too. Of course, entering information in to web forms also sucks.. Wait, there's a pattern here - the keyboard on the Thrive, although customized, is a pain.

For giggles, I popped over to the desktop computer in the corner and swiped the wireless keyboard adapter out of it and guess what... Flawless! It popped right in to the USB port and I was off and typing. As a matter of fact, I'm doing this blog from it right now. I haven't even tried the mouse yet, but I can't wait to see how that handles the internet browsing. If this is going to behave more like a PC for me, I will figure out a way to sync content from my phone later, and just enjoy the fact that I now can use my Thrive in the last way that I couldn't before and bank up that $250 for another day... Now, does PogoPlug make a Windows Phone app?

I'm off to search for it now...

No comments:

Post a Comment