Sunday, June 17, 2012

Being Dad...

Father's Day. It is that day where thank you's are given for the little bit that we are able to help raising our children. I never think I do enough to help, but somehow at the end of the day, our child is safe and she is happy. I guess that's enough for now...

I guess my goal in life is to be half the man that raised me into a man. Peter, Dad, is the most amazing man that I have ever had the pleasure of sharing company with. He is easy going when needed, but has a way of coaching instead of demanding, that sets him apart from anyone else. His even level demeanor just makes the great things amazing, and the terrible things very bearable.

His kindness is one of his many assets. His determination to make things work is one thing that I have carried on through every speed bump, trial and tribulation that has come across my path. Another attribute that I try to put forward every day is his caring. He walked into a house, saved a mother and two struggling kids from self destructing.

From walking into our lives, to 25 years of marriage, Dad has been there for us through everything. From the shattered dreams of a 10 year old that was promised a trip to Disneyland that would never happen, to my high school graduation. From struggles in college to my wedding day. Dad has made every day better.

I guess as I think of Father's Day this year and count back to my first 2, I certainly hope that I am close to following what he has taught me. Patience, kindness and most of all, unconditional love. It is the kind of love that only comes along once in a lifetime, and I was lucky enough to have someone like him not just tell me about it, but to show me how it was done.

So, Dad, I doubt you'll ever see this, unless Ara forwards it to you, but thank you. Thank you for everything that you have done. Thank you for everything you have taught me. Thank you for being the kind of man that I hope to be everyday. And most of all, thank you for loving me as your own, because that's what I am, yours.


Sent from my Windows Phone from GetSmartphones.Info

No comments:

Post a Comment