Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Trying to Be Excited

It's strange right now. Nothing seems to be interesting to me, besides family of course. I don't mean like people wise, but stuff wise. I used to stalk the blogs for the latest gadgets, watch the stores for the next thing I needed to get or even just cut a photo or two out and stick it to the fridge as a reminder of what I wanted. Lately, nothing has held my interest.

Cycling did, and I guess still does to an extent, but not like before the STP. Sure I have a few wants, a nicer helmet, better winter wear, maybe even a commuter bike to ease the mileage on my good bike, but there is just no spark to get anything.

I look around and I just see a rut. It's not that I am not getting bored, I just have no desire to do anything different. I'm looking at job options for the future, to provide a better life for my family. I'm looking at ways we can trim even more off our budget just to save a few more here and there. I just don't know what toys I want or when I want to start collecting them again.

Maybe this will pass, maybe it won't. Perhaps my priorities have just changed. Maybe that Xbox isn't at the top of any list anymore. Maybe I don't want a new phone every 6 months..? I don't know, but for now I need to be content and just relax until I find what I want to do next...

No comments:

Post a Comment