Friday, August 12, 2011

Doogie Howser Syndrome?

Here I am again this morning thinking of what direction to take this. I don't know if I am trying to make this a story of how life "is" from my phone or if it's a history of my life as told by my phone - like Doogie's journal... It's a tough choice to make.

Today, I'm going to keep going on the "is" and see how well it works for me.

Yesterday I had my first phone interview in 6 years. The last was my phone interview with Wal-Mart. That one turned out well enough, but this one was different. It was a fantastic interview and they were ready to snag me up immediately. My problem... It wasn't the job I wanted.
I wanted to step into a store in a management roll. I wanted to have the security and benefits of a manager. Unfortunately, the only opening they had at the store I wanted was sales. No guarantees, just sales...

If it was 5 years ago, or we were still a dual income no kid family, it would be OK. Today, I have to stop for way too long and see what's the short term damage and what are the realistic benefits for the future.

I know I can easily be a top sales person. Especially a top salesman with a company and product that I believe in. The only issue that remains would be if our family could afford it...

No comments:

Post a Comment