Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tomorrow is the Big Day...


So, anyone that has been reading this knows that I am prepping for a very long summer bike ride. The Seattle to Portland ride is in July this year and I am going to do it. The final piece of the puzzle for me should be in place tomorrow.

I was fortunate enough to find my amazing bike deal on my EVO. I know it seems weird to think about shopping from a phone, but I test rode a few bikes at a few places and found the deal of the year on a gorgeous Trek road bike at www.redmondcycle.com and emailed them from my phone immediately.

Shortly after that, I got an email back saying they did have it in my size and I could reserve the last one they had for a 10% down payment.

Luckily, I was able to look up the site in our way to the grocery store and call to reserve it. I say luckily, because upon arriving to have it fit, the sales person told me she had someone else come in looking for it and it was a good thing I put it on reserve.

Of course, there will be plenty of stories and fun to come, but for now, here's the image I downloaded from Trek's website on my new mode of transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment