Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Tale of Two Wal-Marts

So its been a while since my last day was captured on the Evo, but I just felt like sharing this quickly.

We sold our car in an amazing 12 hours this week. This created a need to begin my bike shopping much sooner than expected. This led me to Amazon, then that led to Target, where my overweight issue led me to "cruiser" style bikes instead of a road bike.

So, off we went to Wal-Mart to see this cruiser that I found on the browser from my Evo. The Lynnwood store showed they had them in stock, and sure enough, they did. We checked it out after getting amazing service from Tom in Sporting Goods. They then gave me a discount on it due to the fact it was scratched.

A day later, my wife decided she'd like to ride as well. So we looked online again and found a great deal at Wal-Mart again and headed out to our local Marysville store. The help there was horrible! The first person said the bike area was a mess, and to call back when the bike builder was in tomorrow to see if they had one. The second person to help checked inventory and said they had 6 in stock and told us he'd see what was back there. Unfortunately, he came back a few minutes later and said to call the bike builder back tomorrow because he couldn't find one. Way to lose that $100+ sale Marysville Wal-Mart!

Needless to say, we will still go to Wal-Mart to get the bike when we find one, just not that store!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment