Sunday, October 24, 2010

Battery-life: Still Not Happy

So the other day we were out and about and I noticed how much I rely on having a battery charger for my Evo. After having it almost die on a "light" use day, I have begun my quest to improve my battery life. I thought I had it all figured out, until this morning. Now, 2 hours in to the unplugging, its down 30% again... Back to the drawing board.

I have gone through and disabled just about every automatic updating feature the phone has. I've turned down the screen brightness to 15%, which looks great inside. I also turned down the screen time out to a lowly 15 seconds. I don't know what else can be done to optimize the device short of hacking the Sense layer out and running stock Android.

I understand my battery life will be terrible when I USE the phone, but it shouldn't kill itself when I don't. Oh well, we are on to 3 1/2 hours and approaching 50% quickly. I guess I'll have to wrap this up before I wanted to.

Now on a note of irony, as I'm typing, I get a call from a friend asking which phone they should upgrade to. I really wanted to recommend the Evo, but when it can't last the day, how can I?

Anyways, back to reality and hopefully to find an outlet.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment