Sunday, May 14, 2017

My Most Amazing Trip To… Part One

IMAG0057

A funny thing happened last week, and I really couldn’t talk about it until yesterday, but that’s besides the point – because yesterday – well two days ago – this is about to get weird… I left Seattle yesterday (Saturday, May 13th) and arrived in my destination 16 hours later – or almost Monday. Yeah, this international dateline thing is very strange. Anyways, sorry to ramble, but here I am, in humid and hot Taipei, Taiwan. I was fortunate enough to be placed on an HTC Elevate promotional trip to view the launch of the next new HTC device, LIVE FROM TAIWAN!

IMAG0729

I’ll be honest with you and say that yesterday is not something I am going to highlight too much, since 15 hours were spent in the luxurious Boeing 767’s that I was travelling on, and frankly, there’s only so many ways to present the back of a seat, so I won’t bore you with that. Of course, I do have to mention the staff on the plane – with a special shout out to the “PDX to NRT” leg – You were amazing! Never before have I been trapped next to Captain Elbow for 10 hours and felt so well taken care of. I don’t know how such a small person can take up so much room, but he did – and you still made the flight enjoyable.

IMAG0764

From there, I cleared through customs as quickly as possible and moved along to the hotel, the Regent Taipei. If you ever get the chance to visit, I highly recommend this hotel. City views, shopping, food, everything you need is here and the rooms are AMAZING. Today (day 2) we have a pretty busy morning, followed by a pretty lazy afternoon – which means some sight seeing time! Then we have a dinner tonight before we get some “rest” for the launch of the new device tomorrow! Anyways, if you want to catch the live stream, it will be at www.htc.com/launch on May16th at 2:00 PM Taiwan time, or 11PM (May 15th) in Seattle. Should be fun.

I’ll make sure to post some additionally fun photos as soon as we are out and about today. Make sure you are following me on Twitter (@waazzupppp) and the hashtags #ElevateU and #HTCLaunch to see all our adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment