Saturday, June 22, 2013

Camping: Our First Trip

It has been about 30 years since I have been camping at a real campsite. Sure, I've stayed in tents and slept outside a few times since then, but never actually gone the route of packing the car and camping out for a few nights. Needless to say, this weekend has been an adventure, and one I've loved.

We are mostly through day two. Evie and Ara are passed out in the tent, and I'm enjoying the setting and all the little critters that keep hopping into our camp. We chose Camano Island State Park as our first destination due to its close proximity and the questionable weather. Fortunately, the weather has been perfect and the drive was as well.

The tent went up without a hitch, the fire lit without a problem. The food has been perfect and, except for the crying baby neighbor, this has been an ideal trip.

Evie toasted marshmallows last night and we will try and conquer Smores tonight. I just hope all of you are having as good of weekend as we are!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 810
Powered by www.4GFastData.com
$49 Unlimited Talk, Text and Data

No comments:

Post a Comment