Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tough Day For The STP Plans

So, some may know that the entire reason I started to think about riding in this year's Seattle to Portland bike ride was due to a friend asking me if I wanted to. We had it all worked out. We would ride down together, stay overnight at the halfway point, then venture on to Portland the second day where our families would meet us. Well kick that one to the curb. I'm on my own. He didn't get registered and the STP is sold out. Sure, there's a small chance that enough riders will bail and spots will open, but I just can't believe that I might have to go this without a riding partner. I guess it's time to learn how to fix everything on my bike on the roadside. It is a long, lonely ride to Centralia alone. It doesn't make me want to go any less, but I will need to ride harder to be ready as soon as the weather changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment