Thursday, January 17, 2019

It's Been Far Too Long...


October 8, 2010… It’s been a long time. In fact, over 8 years has passed since my first post on this blog and this year, this year is going to be different. Life changes are happening, my daughter is growing up fast and I’m finding myself once again. I’m not sure what exactly this year will bring, but I know that I want to get back to keeping this up so that someday, when I’m not here anymore, my little kiddo and her children can look back on this and see more of me than just a few photos and such. I’ll think of it as a digital diary that will last as long as they need it to and hopefully help her remember the good times, the not so good times and even the moments that we wish had lasted forever. This is going to be a big year…


Starting off, it’s another season of competition dance! Yes, the first few months of the year will be spent soloing, tapping, group dancing and competing against other dancers trying to be the best. There’s four dates already set, plus the reveal and the showcase, then a trip to Disneyland to take part in their Dance The Magic summer event. It’s going to be awesome!






Next up, I get to get back into golf a bit more serious this year. I’ve signed up for a tournament series that will run from March to October (with some good breaks in the middle) that will get my competitive juices going again. Not only a great thing for me, but also a great thing for everyone that knows me and has to deal with me. I can’t wait to get going with that one.



On a more somber note, we lost my father-in-law in August of last year. While he had become more distant after moving from Duvall, it was still shocking. In his passing, we are taking on one of the loves of his life, a 1946 Studebaker “franken”pickup that we will try to do justice to and get back on the road this summer. It’s going to be a crazy huge project, but when it’s done, hopefully it will be a part of him that Evie will be able to remember for as long as possible.




From there, it’s hard to say what else is going to happen this year. Sure, we have plans, but let’s see where the year takes us. Hopefully I will be better about updating this, at lease monthly, so I can keep this record going for everyone else. Anyways, that’s my first update for 2019 and hopefully I’ll write more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment