Friday, July 15, 2011

The STP Weekend...

So the Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic is done. I can't believe that it was as hard as it seemed. 100 miles a day at just under 7 1/2 hours a day for two straight days... It was unbelievable. The fact that it's done, and I made it says a lot though. I wasn't entirely sure I was going to make it, but somehow, someway, I was able to. Perhaps it was luck... Perhaps it was fate... It really doesn't matter, because it is done now.

I didn't give up on it. I didn't have some injury or excuse to bail on it. I just decided to go for it and had a blast doing it. Sure, sitting on a seat like that for hours on end was a pain, but when do you get to see things like the Lewis and Clark Bridge from the other side of the river - from outside of a vehicle? 

When do you get to look down and see 209 miles at the end of your ride? It's not something I'm just proud of. It's a great achievement for me to have taken this 'pipedream' from December and turned it into a reality. 


I know I couldn't have done it without the support from the wife and a bit of time sacrificed being away from baby, but today, it all seems worth it. I'm a few days removed from finishing, the butt is feeling better, the arms are regaining a bit of flexibility and the legs are starting to have some spring again. 

The adventure was not just a two day ride from Seattle to Portland on a bike... 


The adventure was getting to spend almost 15 hours doing something that most people thought I couldn't do - and that's what made me get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment